Now accepting applications for 2020-2021 year.
Click here for application: Teen Volunteer Application
Due date for applications is October 2, 2020.
Our Teen Volunteers are select high school students living in Moorestown, engaging in leadership development through the planning and implementation of community service activities and events to further the mission of MooreKids. MooreKids’ teen volunteers provides a unique opportunity to work with MooreKids board members, MTPS staff, and local business and community leaders to benefit the children from financially struggling families in Moorestown. Rising 9th through 12th graders living in Moorestown are eligible to apply for membership.
What Do Teen Volunteers Do?
Mission: To develop leadership skills and promote volunteerism by helping Moorestown children from financially struggling families.
Responsibilities of Teen Leadership Committee Members:
- Help plan, publicize and attend events for MooreKids
- Give regular status updates to MooreKids Board members regarding activities
- Suggest/develop programs for MooreKids to implement
- Attend regular committee meetings to share thoughts and ideas
- Maintain positive communication with MooreKids board members, MTPS staff
- Plan and execute one fundraising event (with guidance from MooreKids Board members)
- Promote MooreKids mission
- Represent MooreKids in a positive manner
Teen Volunteer Requirements:
MooreKids Teen Volunteers will:
- Be a Moorestown resident
- Be a student entering grades 9 through 12 in 2020-2021 school year
- Have parental/guardian permission to participate
- Commit to 1 year of service through active involvement
- Commit time to participate in MooreKids events
- Mentor incoming teen volunteers
Benefits of Membership
Ten Volunteers will:
- Provide valuable input to MooreKids and help create a vision for a local nonprofit
- Earn community service hours
- Develop marketable leadership skills and gain self-confidence while engaging in age appropriate community service activities
- Have a unique opportunity to work alongside MooreKids Board members, other charitable organizations, and local business leaders to support MTPS and help support Moorestown’s children in need
- Gain personal fulfillment in sharing one’s time and talents while giving to others in need
- Make a difference to in their community
- Open to rising 9th-12th graders who reside in Moorestown
- Must complete application by October 2, 2020 via Google Forms.
- MooreKids does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin or disability.